Monday, December 14, 2009

The Walks of Life

This is a poem about the ups and downs of life as reflected by the two different moods in the poem. I am sorry if the sudden change in stanzas throws you 0ff a little, but that's how life is...

Oh! The walks of life
How quick the things can change?
I've been treading lies
As long as I reminisce.
Oh! The bitterness,
of everything gone wrong.
Oh! The broken pair,
of limbs yet too strong.
They've parted me,
and my will to live with them.
They've parted me,
and no more can I withstand.

Born anew, from the ashes I rise.
Mysterious marks beneath my eyes.
You can't, you won't escape from me.
I am the one who wins the game.
I am the one who trumps the sorrow.
I am the one to rise tomorrow.

Here it comes again,
How quick the paths can change?
The well, it looms in front,
calling out my name.
A leap of faith or deluge,
a risky chance or no use,
an open battle or surrender,
you must choose, you must choose.

...this is not complete. I am working on adding a few more stanzas.

1 comment:

  1. How can such a wonderful thing go un noticed... Its bad that theses days everyone Blogs but no one recognises wats wonderful.... i love all what you have written theres a deep meaning to the lines and a 'class' in the language... I love this kindda stuff... It atleast tickels you to dig down what really is going on in this person's mind... the lines are like some psychological puzzeles and I love it... :D all the best.. count me in as a new fan... :D

    ReplyDelete